Ready for Professional Consulting Assistance? I’d be delighted to offer you a free 30-minute consultation to crystallize your vision for your company or organization.
I have 15+ years of successful experience as a comprehensive Career Expert, HR Specialist, Workplace EAP Trainer, and Writer, working with management to design, develop, and strengthen human capital management strategies, in the corporate, federal, higher education and non-profit settings.
Career Services Programs Consulting:
Are you starting a Career Coaching, Counseling, Career Development, or Career Services Program for your company, organization or school?
I can collaborate with you and provide direction on creating a world-class program based on best practices, current research, and cutting-edge tools and trends. I have a proven track record of success in developing on-site academic, corporate, for-profit and non-profit career centers, and setting up and leading new Career Services Departments and programs.
I have taught and created career courses at 6 different colleges and universities, and worked as the Director of Career and Job Placement Services for students at a proprietary college. I also successfully developed extensive career curricula, and created and taught career classes at a for-profit Learning Center in Tampa, Florida for 12 years. I have worked with all levels of employees from high school students to senior executives.
My work with senior executives gives me very valuable insights into building successful leaders, which I incorporate into career coaching, counseling, development, and planning programs for students. With 20+ years of career planning curriculum development expertise, I have a wide range of popular resources for any budget.
I developed and taught successful career and workplace topics at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, the University of Chapel Hill in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, and Meredith College in Raleigh, North Carolina.
I consult with corporations and non-profit organizations and achieve desired results on time and under budget. I volunteer extensively in the community as a Career Expert.
Human resources expertise:
- Job candidate assessment and selection
- Assessing job fit
- Behavioral interviewing
- Career coaching, counseling and development
- On-site career coaching program creation, management and evaluation
- Curriculum development
- Leadership development
- EAP topics, curriculums, and trainings
- Succession planning
- CAPS / COPS
- Carlson Learning Profile
- 360 Feedback – the entire suite of 360 assessments from the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL)
- CPI 260 Coaching Report for Leaders and Client Feedback Report
- DISC Profile
- FIRO-B Profile for Organizations
- Harrington O’ Shea
- Keirsey Temperament Scale
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Qualified Administrator
- Self-Directed Search
- SIGI+ Computer Software
- Strengths Finder 2.0
- Strong-Career Enrichment and Career Transition Report
- The Adult Basic Education Test (TABE)
- Thomas Kilmann / 360 Feedback
- Wonderlic Test Certified Administrator
- Work/Life Values Checklist
I have numerous other career and employment assessments available depending upon client/company needs.
To add value to my consulting work, I earned 13 Certifications:
- Certified Career Management Coach
- Certified Dual Career Couple Relocation Adviser
- Certified Global Career Development Facilitator
- Certified Global Career Development Facilitator Instructor
- Certified Global Career Development Facilitator E-Learning Instructor
- Certified Leadership & Talent Management Coach
- Certified Federal Senior Executive Service Writer
- Certified 360 Feedback Assessment Facilitator
- Distance Credentialed Counselor
- Master Career Counselor
- National Board Certified Career Counselor
- National Board Certified Counselor
- National Certified Professional Resume Writer
Consulting service fee: $225.00 per hour.
My Human Resources and/or Career Services Consulting clients include:
- H2 Workforce
- Talent Curve
My selected career expertise and Resume work is published in these books:
- Gallery of the Best Cover Letters (2012)
- Top Notch Executive Interviews (2009)
- Directory of Professional Resume Writers (2008)
- The Quick Resume and Cover Letter Book (2008)
- The 30-Day Job Promotion (2007)
- Resumes for the Rest of Us: Secrets from the Pros for Job Seekers with Unconventional Career Paths (2007)
- Same Day Resume (2005)
- Expert Resumes for Career Changers (2004)
- Best College Grad Resumes for $75,000+ Jobs (2003)
- The Best Resumes for International Jobs (2002)
I offer a free 30-minute consultation to assess our fit in achieving your career goals. Contact me today. Call me at: 919-424-1244, or fill out my contact form. I return all calls or e-mails within 24 hours.
- The American Counseling Association
- Career Thought Leaders
- National Board for Certified Counselors
- National Career Development Association
- Society for Human Resources Management
- Society for Technical Communicators